Parelli Horseman's Halter
Looking to get started in the Parelli Program?
The Parelli Horseman's Halter is a core tool of the program! It is hand-tied using a smooth yachting braid with simple knots that strategically balance on the horse's head.
"It's light when he's right, strong when he's wrong." —Pat Parelli
Its lightness means that it is easy for your horse to carry around but thin enough that the horse can feel the communication.
- 1/4 inch yachting braid with simple knots under the chin and on the sides, non-fray ends, and loop attachment. This 100% polyester rope has been specifically engineered with horsemanship use in mind. The Parelli rope is dirt, sweat, mildew, rot, and UV resistant. This means your rope will stay truer to its original form longer, without fading, stretching, popping, or elongating. Other ropes in the industry used to make halters are typically nylon yachting ropes and are not designed to withstand the unique challenges of an equine application. Nylon rope stretches, can become stiff with use, increases in size over time, and absorbs unwanted moisture.
- No metal, even to finish the halter, and the ends are melted to ensure years of use.
- Each halter has leather poppers with the Parelli stamp. They are designed to no longer look like a halter when you drop them on the ground. Instead, they collapse into a pile of rope, making it less likely a horse could catch a hoof or otherwise become tangled.
- Many of our customers have owned their halters for 20+ years without breakage or dry rot.
- Our halters protect your horse from additional vice-like pressure that can cause undue suffering, like some other halters on the market.
As Pat has traveled worldwide, he used that time years ago to tie the halters himself on the way to clinics to perfect the design. Today Parelli halters are still hand-tied using smooth yachting braid with simple knots that strategically balance on the horse's head.
We don't use 'pressure knots' as they cause unnecessary discomfort (and all the horses say thank you). The loop for attaching lines hangs below the jaw and acts as a hinge. A heavy or thick halter results in dead weight on the face, which causes the horse to be dull to pressure and can push on nerves. This halter is tied with the horse's facial structure in mind and is the best fit on the market. This halter is for everyday use and teaches your horse to yield instead of lean or push.
Pat Parelli says, "One size fits all unless your horse is too big or too small!" He also shares that the regular-size Horseman’s Halter fits 90% of the horses he’s ever seen.
A few important thoughts to consider:
Do not leave the halter on the horse if it is loose or turned out to pasture; it could get the halter caught on something.
Thin to win - your horse will not be as inclined to lean on this halter, so it will help you win the Porcupine Game and earn your horse's respect.
Do not try to adjust the knots.
Only attach snaps, reins, leads, and ties to the loop below the fiador knot.
Available Colors: Blue, Green, Black, Burgundy, Vaquero.
Please click here for alternate colors, Red and Purple.
*NOTE - White Halters are special order items. Please call to place an order for White Halters.
Thank you to the entire Parelli Team!! "
We have used the Parelli Halters & lead since 1993 - we first found out about natural horsemanship. We have used the 7 games ever since. These new halters & leafs are our Christmas gifts to our horses and ourselves. Always good to have new tools to aid in our relationships with our horses. Again- great colors and I am sure they will last a long time as our other halters have.
Some people might say it’s overpriced and they are probably just not looking for good quality items❤️
Yet to receive my order. Extremely unhappy with the service.
I bought an Arab sized halter and loved seeing the quality of it but it was too small for my Arab. I called customer service and spoke with Jeri (hope I spelled your name right). She was AMAZING! I felt listened to and she was so patient and caring to make sure I got the right size halter. I never paid for shipping it back and I was told to please take my time in deciding whether to take the measurements of my horse for a custom-sized halter or go for the regular size. I went with the regular size and I was TOTALLY SATISFIED with the halter and decided to order one for my gelding who is a hard fit for regular sized halters. I told Jeri this and was assured that I can return- no cost shipping it back if it doesn’t work. I asked if somehow a little larger sized regular halter can be sent. She said they are pre-made. Darn! BUT! When I got it, it fit him beautifully!! It was a little bit larger than the one I got my Arab mare. My gelding must’ve felt my happiness as I stood back and admired his Parelli halter that fit him beautifully. I like to think that Jeri compared a few and saw one a tad bigger than the rest or maybe it was pure luck. Either way, I am so impressed with the consistent customer service I received. Once I called but hung up because another call came that I had to take. Not long after, I got a call from Parelli’s customer service- Jeri returning a call. I was pleasantly surprised. Customer services went beyond call of duty. Class act all the way!!
WE'VE BEEN USING PARELLI EQUIPMENT FOR MANY YEARS. IT'S THE BEST. WAY BETTER THAN OFF THE SHELF EQUIPMENT AT THE FEED STORES OR TACK SHOPS.