Want to level up your communication between you and your horse?
Let us introduce you to the Carrot Stick!
The Carrot Stick is a fundamental product in the Parelli Program. It acts as an extension of your arm in the saddle and on the ground, giving you a more extended reach for closer communication.
It is not a whip. You can stroke, guide, and support your horse while teaching him the Parelli Fundamentals. It is especially valuable on your journey to bridle-less riding.
- The traditional leather loop end is perfect for attaching your savvy string or a flag.
- A unique molded grip featuring a modern scroll design and the Parelli logo. This Golf Gripa™ handle is a Parelli custom design and is easy to handle.
- 4-foot, non-flex fiberglass shaft with a solid core gives flexibility and strength. This flexibility results in firm pressure but will not sting when used correctly.
- Four feet is the approximate length of the horse's leg on the ground which makes for a good safety measurement allowing you to stay out of the kick zone.
- Four feet is the approximate length of the horse's neck, making it an excellent tool for control and safety when playing On Line or riding freestyle.
- The extra 4-feet also transforms your tall body into a long body so you can effectively communicate with your horse.
- The savvy string is not included.
When Pat refers to long body logic, it simply means having an extension of your arm as an integral part of relating to your horse. As Pat says, some people like to get it done with just carrots, while others like to get it done with a whip to show the horse "who is boss”.
Neither one is right. You need to become an extreme middle-of-the-roadist to be effective and understood. This is why Pat chose this color and called it the carrot stick!
The original carrot stick was created in orange to remind you of a carrot and to stay centered. Since that first color, we have since created a multitude of colors to choose from at the request of our customers.
No matter what color you choose, you will be well equipped to build your horse's confidence, support your cues, or stroke your horse with it, both on the ground and while riding. The hardest part of this decision is which color to choose!
It is top quality.
The dual use with and without string and wide range with string loose and short with string in hand or string demounted makes it to an very universally usable tool. We have already this tool often used since years and still in use. The additional offer was that we thought our previous tool was lost. But we found it again.
There is nothing like having the right tool to complete a task. I’ve used Parelli carrot sticks for over twenty-five years with my horses. They are the perfect weight, balance, and feel to communicate with my horse. Always quality equipment that lasts. Love it!
It’s very handy and easy to maneuver! My very dominant and obstinate horse is responding very well to it as an extension of my hand! Perfect. Thank you!