Take your communication with your horse to the next level with our 45-foot Ground Training Line.
This is a Parelli-designed softened version of a Roping Lariat. It is an essential tool for developing your horsemanship skills on the ground from greater distances, particularly from Levels 3 to Level 4 On Line, as you advance.
"Pat had the lay of this nylon lariat deliberately softened for horse handling. It has life, sensitivity, and lightness." Pat Parelli
- 45-Foot Triple X softened 3/8-inch diameter lariat rope for horse handling.
- Honda loop on the end for quick-change accessories (for example, a snap or karabiner).
- This kit includes an extra snap with this honda (usually sold separately). The snap is a swivel to prevent tension and stop the rope coiling up under the horse's chin on his halter.
- Right-handed and Left-handed versions are available (a right-handed rope will have a clockwise twist, and a left-hand rope will have a counterclockwise twist).
- This rope is suitable for wetter climates as the Lariat resists attracting dirt and water/getting soggy.
- Soft twist, similar to an excellent ranch-type rope for doctoring or working with animals - not a stiff, roping rope.
- Keep playing with it until the wax is worn off and the rope is broken in.
- Excellent rope for simulations as it offers a lot of sensitivity and feel.
- Also called: 45-Foot Line; 45-Foot Lariat; 45-Foot Lariat Rope.
Improve your handiness, drive and draw, the clarity of your phases, and your overall connection with your horse. This product is ideal for dealing with wild or un-started horses as it allows the horse maximum drift and more agility for the horseman.
Pat Parelli's first horse training mentor was Troy Henry from Clovis, California. He shared with Pat the psychological advantages of teaching the horse all of his basic education on the ground in a round corral and On Line. Troy always used a 45-foot line. You had to be very athletic and handy to use this tool.
When Pat started doing his clinics in the early 1980s, it became apparent this was a great tool, but not necessarily a great one to start with, hence the reason for the 12 and 22-foot lines.
The difference between the 45-foot training line and the others is the material. The yachting braid is softer on your hands but also a heavier weight, and the 45-foot line is made from a triple soft Lariat material and is much lighter but still has the unique feel that horses respond positively to.
The 45-foot rope has a psychological effect on horses because they are great judges of distance and approach, and it blows their minds how you can be so effective and communicative from such a distance.
Used correctly, your horse will soon want to connect to you and follow your suggestions even if you drop the rope. Suggested for solid Level 3 students and above.
The 45’ rope is always with me! It’s a great tool and I use it even if I don’t need the full length. As the more it trails behind me on the ground the more worn it gets and softer and kund on the hands 💪🤠
I love this training line, soft but firm enough to get the job done, this is my second 45 ft line purchase, I definitely recommend this for your training use! 👍👍
45-foot Ground Training Line
Works very well !!!
I love the feel of it. Much nicer on the hands than the typical roping rope. I like it.