The Parelli Essentials Kit
The Carrot Stick acts as an extension of your arm both in the saddle and on the ground, providing you with a longer reach for closer communication. It is not a whip. You can stroke, guide, and support your horse while teaching him the Parelli Fundamentals. It is especially valuable on your journey to bridle-less riding.
- A special molded grip featuring a modern scroll design and the Parelli logo. This Golf Gripa™ handle is a Parelli custom design, and is easy to turn in hand and for active use.
- The leather loop end is traditional, the leather lasts longer and the string tends to swing better. It is perfect for attaching your savvy string or a flag.
- 4-Foot long non-flex fiberglass shaft with a solid core gives flexibility and strength. If the stick were hollow it could bend or shatter. This flexibility results in a firm pressure but not sting when used correctly.
- 4 feet is the approximate length of the horses leg on the ground which a good safety measurement to stay out of the kick zone.
- 4 feet is also the approximate length of the horses neck, which makes it a great tool for control and safety when playing OnLine or riding FreeStyle.
- The extra 4 feet transforms your tall body into a long body so you can effectively communicate with your horse.
The Parelli 6-Foot Savvy String is the string of a thousand uses! It is most popularly used to attach to the end of the Carrot Stick to help you get respect from your horse on the ground. In addition, it can aid in building your horse's confidence or used around your horse's neck to aid you in your journey to bridle-less riding.
- 6-Foot long, smooth ¼ inch yachting braid, looped end for easy attachment, latigo popper.
- Popper helps it become straight when swung. Great tool for ground skills, especially when combined with a Carrot Stick.
- Combined total of 10 when added to a Carrot Stick.
- Can be used for a neck rope when riding.
- Special Note: Red, Blue, Green and Black Savvy Strings are given as official awards for official graduates of Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively. They are also available for purchase by official graduates only.
The Parelli Horseman's Halter is different than any other halter on the market. Pat perfected the design and used to tie them himself on the way to clinics (someone else was driving of course!).
Our Premier colors are green and black. These are the two colors you will see Pat using on his horses when you see him LIVE and in PERSON. We also have fun custom colors that you can order if you purchase individually.
- The halter is made with 1/4 inch yachting braid, simple knots under chin and on sides, non-fray ends, loop attachment.
- The 100% polyester rope used at Parelli has been specifically engineered with horsemanship use in mind. Parelli rope is dirt, sweat, mildew, rot and UV resistant. This means that your rope will stay truer to its original form longer, without fading, stretching, popping or elongating. The rope you usually see used for halters and leads is typically nylon yachting rope and was never designed to withstand the unique challenges an equine application presents. Nylon rope stretches, can become stiff with use, increases in size over time and absorbs unwanted moisture.
- No metal, even to finish the halter; the ends are melted.
- Designed so when you drop them on the ground they no longer look like a halter, they collapse into a pile of rope. What makes this unique and functional is that because our halter folds up on itself when dropped it prevents a horse from catching a foot in it or otherwise becoming tangled.
- Many of our customers have owned their halters for 20 years or more without any breakage or dry rot.
The Parelli 12-Foot Training Rope is your every day, every purpose lead rope and training line for developing your feel and your horse's responsiveness and connection. Easy to hold, it glides smoothly through your hands when you need to give your horse more drift.
- ½-inch diameter smooth yachting braid.
- 12-feet long with a loop at the end of the rope for quick snap placement.
- 12-foot length helps keep handler out of kick range if the horse turns away.
- Comes with a brass swivel snap and a latigo popper.
- Weighted Snap: an asset to communication because the horse can feel the rope quicker and more subtly; it provides a counterweight so it slows pressure and releases sooner.
- 6-inches of rope is run back in at the tail, because of this, the handler can feel the end of the rope without having to look down. The rope run-back and the popper add weight for swinging and straightness when throwing.
- Stamped with the Parelli logo.