Combo de cabestro de jinete y cuerda de entrenamiento de 12 pies
- The Parelli Horseman's Halter is a core tool of the program! It is hand-tied using a smooth yachting braid with simple knots that strategically balance on the horse's head.
- No metal, even to finish the halter; the ends are melted.
- The Parelli 12-foot Training Rope is perfect for playing the seven games. It is also perfect for an everyday, all-purpose lead rope and training line for developing your feel and your horse's responsiveness and connection. It is easy to hold and glides smoothly through your hands when you need to give your horse more drift. It comes with a brass swivel snap and a latigo popper stamped with the Parelli logo.
- 1/2 inch yachting braid with simple knots under the chin and on the sides, non-fray ends, and loop attachment. This 100% polyester rope has been specifically engineered with horsemanship use in mind. The Parelli rope is dirt, sweat, mildew, rot, and UV resistant. This means your rope will stay truer to its original form longer, without fading, stretching, popping, or elongating. Other ropes in the industry used to make halters are typically nylon yachting ropes and are not designed to withstand the unique challenges of an equine application. Nylon rope stretches, can become stiff with use, increases in size over time, and absorbs unwanted moisture.
- It comes with a brass swivel snap and a latigo popper stamped with the Parelli logo.
- 12-foot long with a loop at the rope's end for quick snap placement
- The Weighted Snap is an asset to communication because the horse can feel the rope quicker and more subtly. It also provides a counterweight, so it slows pressure and releases sooner.
- 12-foot length helps keep the handler out of kick range if the horse turns away.
- 6-inches of rope is run back in at the tail; because of this, the handler can feel the end of the rope without having to look down. The rope run-back and the popper add weight for swinging and straightness when throwing.
- At 1200 lbs of pressure, our snap will break. The break weight is there, so the snap will break if the horse pulls back, gets tangled, or falls while being tied rather than the horse being severely hurt or killed.
- Our Premier colors are green and black. You will see Pat using these two colors on his horses when you see him LIVE and in PERSON. We also have fun custom colors that you can order if you purchase individually.
- Many of our customers have owned their halters for 20+ years without breakage or dry rot.
- Our halters protect your horse from additional vice-like pressure that can cause undue suffering, like some other halters on the market.
As Pat has traveled worldwide, he used that time years ago to tie the halters himself on the way to clinics to perfect the design. Today Parelli halters are still hand-tied using smooth yachting braid with simple knots that strategically balance on the horse's head.
We don't use 'pressure knots' as they cause unnecessary discomfort (and all the horses say thank you). The loop for attaching lines hangs below the jaw and acts as a hinge. A heavy or thick halter results in dead weight on the face, which causes the horse to be dull to pressure and can push on nerves. This halter is tied with the horse's facial structure in mind and is the best fit on the market. This halter is for everyday use and teaches your horse to yield instead of lean or push.
Pat Parelli says, "One size fits all unless your horse is too big or too small!" He also shares that the regular-size Horseman’s Halter fits 90% of the horses he’s ever seen.
A few important thoughts to consider:
Do not leave the halter on the horse if it is loose or turned out to pasture; it could get the halter caught on something.
Thin to win - your horse will not be as inclined to lean on this halter, so it will help you win the Porcupine Game and earn your horse's respect.
Do not try to adjust the knots.
Only attach snaps, reins, leads, and ties to the loop below the fiador knot.