Parelli bridles and bits are designed to offer you clear communication, a reliable feel, and the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your horse is comfortable, safe, and totally in tune with you.
- They are easy to adjust and resistant to sweat, with beautiful brass fittings (no screws), 5-1/4 in. sweet iron snaffle, and rein leathers. The Parelli Snaffle Bridle is an elegant but sturdy bridle for everyday use.
- Each Snaffle Bridle comes together with Headstall, Chin Strap, 5-1/4 in Sweet Iron Snaffle Bit, and Rein Leathers.
- Made with top-quality oiled bridle leather, top-stitched.
- Brass buckles and buds instead of screws give security and a nice quick-change feature for your bit.
- Throatlatch should fit four fingers when riding or two fingers when driving.
- Must be used with a chin strap, so the bit and bridle do not get pulled through the horse's mouth when the reins are activated.
- Browband style headstall with double cheek adjustments.
- Parelli logo conchos
- Reins sold separately
- Also called: Snaffle Bridle, The Horseman's Bridle, Complete Snaffle Bridle, Country Bridle, and Parelli Country Bridle.
Our Snaffle Bridles are a valuable tool for more sensitive and precise communication with your horse. They are designed to be easy to adjust, provide long-lasting use, and are comfortable for your horse.
You might not know that Pat worked in a saddle shop as a young man and learned the differences in types of leather. This is why you usually see oil-tanned leather such as harness leather or latigo on most of his headstalls because when horses sweat, it easily rots most other kinds of leather.
Sweet Iron Snaffle
Not too thick or too thin, the 5 1/4" sweet iron snaffle bit is at the center of this bridle, making it a versatile communication tool thanks to the design, which allows the rings to swing without pinching.
It is a single-jointed, loose-ring snaffle designed for riding on a casual rein (FreeStyle Riding). Made from sweet iron (as opposed to stainless steel) with fine copper inlay (to encourage salivation), it offers the horse a sweet taste. The loose rings allow the horse to adjust the bit position as desired. The snaffle bit is intended for teaching, controlling, reinforcing, and refining lateral flexion and is a great tool for your Porcupine Game when riding.
It is to be used mainly with a sideways pull for lateral flexion. It is thin to discourage leaning, designed for control, and used with one rein at a time.
Designed to prevent the snaffle from sliding through a horse’s mouth, should he or she resist, the chin strap is a classic western piece of equipment that you attach to the snaffle. When used with a snaffle, the chin strap is not designed to be a curb that is tight or applies pressure. Features: Stitched leather with brass buckles (except on the Natural West version).
Pat Parelli was raised in Northern California and worked on big ranches in Oregon, Nevada, and California. Many of the cowboys there, also known as Buckaroos, rode their young horses in a hackamore with the mecate rein, a 22-foot rope made of horse hair. Soon, a new trend was started using the mecate rein with a Snaffle Bit. The advantages were that the loop rein stayed on the horse’s neck. If you dropped it, unlike when using split reins, you always had a 12-foot lead rope on the ground fixing fences or doctoring cattle.
- Winkie, Hills Creek, New Zealand
Love it! Leather is soft and well made., fits perfectly on our big quarter horse.
Geri was so helpful when I ordered.
I love Parelli horses staff good price and quality
T hi s is my second bridle set. I liked my first one and my mate broke it. So I got another one.
Works well on a foxtrotter with a large head. Adjusts easily and O ring snaffle is nice quality. A little pricey but great quality!
Very high quality leather and construction.