Parelli 12-Foot Training Rope
$46.60Login For Member Pricing
The Parelli 12-Foot Training Rope is your every day, every purpose lead rope and training line for developing your feel and your horse's responsiveness and connection. Easy to hold, it glides smoothly through your hands when you need to give your horse more drift.
- ½-inch diameter smooth yachting braid.
- 12-feet long with a loop at the end of the rope for quick snap placement.
- 12-foot length helps keep handler out of kick range if the horse turns away.
- Comes with a brass swivel snap and a latigo popper.
- Weighted Snap: an asset to communication because the horse can feel the rope quicker and more subtly; it provides a counterweight so it slows pressure and releases sooner.
- 6-inches of rope is run back in at the tail, because of this, the handler can feel the end of the rope without having to look down. The rope run-back and the popper add weight for swinging and straightness when throwing.
- Stamped with the Parelli logo.
Pat Parelli was inspired by Tom Dorrance's advice that horses need to be able to drift and teeter. During groundwork, your horse needs to be able to move out a bit and have enough room to turn and face you, get control, and then come back. For this reason, you should choose a rope that moves through your hands smoothly to avoid jerking your horse. Parelli rope is smooth, slightly forgiving, and will flow through your hands as your horse needs additional space. Rather than drag your horse from point A to point B, our ropes are designed to allow for drift and teeter by both the nature of what they are made of, as well as the length.
At 1200 lbs of pressure, our snap will break. The break weight is there so the snap will break if the horse pulls back, gets tangled, or falls while being tied rather than the horse being severely hurt or killed. This is also why a horse should never be left alone with only a halter on, the halter will not break if it catches on something.
The 12-Foot Training Rope is perfect for doing the Parelli Seven Games.
As Always, Great Items.
Friend tried to use her basic stuff after being introduced to Parelli with my items. She said “They just don’t work,
My third one
I have used Parelli products for over 20 years. The consistency and quality always brings me back.
Got my new training rope, and I love the new color. It was shipped and came quickly, which is certainly a pleasantry, during the Pandemic, since everything else seems to be coming in a delayed fashion. Very happy with it.
I was very satisfied I have een using Parelli gear for many years won't use any other.